Saturday, December 5, 2009

My English class has spent a few classes focusing on Environmental issues. I talked previously about the day we discussed ecological literacy. The other day we perused a website called 350.org. The website organized the International Day of Climate Action and much more. On October 24, 2009 people at more than 5200 events in more than 180 countries came together for the most widespread day of environmental action in the world. The number 350 represents the amount in parts per million as the safe upper limit of carbon dioxide in the atmosphere. The number 350 is also a symbol where the planet needs to head in the future as humans continue to cause global warming. I am obviously biased because I am an environmental major, but I thought this was a very cool website. There are animated movies and many pictures of people gathering to promote the 350 campaign and International Day of Climate Action.

No comments:

Post a Comment